Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) is a non-profit educational organization based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The three programs for students aged 3 to 19 help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. There are more than 5,96,000 IB students at 2,218 schools in 125 countries.
PYP: The Primary Years Program (Kindergarten to Class 5):
The PYP provides a curriculum framework of 5 essential elements: Knowledge, Skills, Concept, Attitude & Action
MP: The Middle Years Program (Class 6 to Class 10):
The IB Middle Years Program (MYP), which spans grades 6 through 10, is a framework for teaching that benefits ALL students. The MYP framework addresses a wide range of learning styles, involves all students in their own unique learning processes, and gives the students a standard, internationally accepted foundation of knowledge. The MYP is a comprehensive program of academic challenge and life skills appropriate to this age group.
DP: The Diploma Program (Class 11 to Class 12):
DP students choose one subject from each of the following six 'Subject Groups':
1. First Language (English),
2. Second Language(French, German, Hindi, etc)
3. Individuals and Societies (History, Economics, Business and Management, etc) ,
4. Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Environmental Systems) ,
5. Mathematics and Computer Science,Electives (either Visual Arts or a second subject from Groups 3, 4 or 5)